Dallas South on New York Post’s Elizabeth ‘Liz’ Payne/Jeremiah Wright “scandal”, former Friendship-West staffer
As anyone who has visited the site more than twice knows, I am a proud member of Friendship-West Baptist Church. On yesterday, the New York Post reported that Dr. Frederick D. Haynes III’s former executive assistant -Elizabeth (Liz) Payne- was involved in a “steamy sexual affair” with Dr. Jeremiah Wright, Jr.
I spoke with Liz only briefly during her short stint at Friendship-West, so I did not know her on a personal level. I have no inside knowledge or scoop to provide on the subject.
There are a few things I find interesting about this story:
- According to LinkedIn, Ms. Payne began working at Friendship-West in January of 2008.
- The Post reports her husband “learned of the affair in late February.”
- Pastor Wright came to national consciousness in March.
- Pastor Wright made his first public appearance at Friendship-West in April. This was also his first appearance at Friendship-West in 2008.
- Also in April, Payne “organized a series of Texas public appearances by Wright.” This would not be out of the ordinary of someone in her position at our church.
- Fellow churchgoers supposedly “”found out about the affair in the spring.”
The question is when did Liz meet Dr. Wright? The Post says “She refused to reveal when the adulterous affair started or how she met Wright.” JANUARY, FEBRUARY, APRIL, SPRING….
Something doesn’t add up. But this isn’t a gossip site, so I don’t have anything else to say on the subject.