Thinking Blogger Award
The blog world is so much about links, tags, visitors, RSS feeds, diggs, etc. and so on.
To that end, I've been tagged by Theo Johnson at Now That's What I'm Talking About with a Thinking Blogger Award. The award was initiated by ilker yoldas and in receiving it I am to select 5 blogs that in turn, make me think.
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
So here are the 5 bloggers I'm tagging for making me think.
1. The Anti-Essentialist Conundrum – This 2nd year law student (Sylvia) has an extremely provocative blog that shines a light on all aspects of racism and sexism.
2. Dallas Progress – Mike Davis not only talks about it and writes about it, but he is about it. He's done a lot of work in Dallas to shut down Hot Sheet motels.
3. Eddie G. Griffin (BASG) -Eddie is an old-school activist using new-school methods to convey his message. This ex-Black Panther calls it as he sees it an is an expert on a number of topics.
4. Grits for Breakfast – Grits For Breakfast is a Texas Justice blog run by Scott Henson based out of Austin. He watches Texas Law with a keen eye and has had some nice things to say about Dallas County D.A. Craig Watkins.
5. Blue Island – Left leaning blog refers to Dallas as "the Blue Island…in the sea of red that is Texas." Most African-American blogs are on record as being neutral, but Renee makes no bones about her Democratic affiliations.
This is cool because it has introduced me to some new sites via Theo's list , and made me think about the sites I like as well. Thanks again to Theo for the tag.