Senator Royce West’s office announces the 2008 Dr. Emmett J. Conrad Leadership Program
The Dr. Emmett J. Conrad Leadership Program matches highly motivated college students from Senatorial District 23 with jobs, mentors, character building opportunities, and community service programs/projects that will change their lives. The 2008 application process for this program is only on-line. No hard copy applications will be accepted.
Please review the below-mentioned criteria and if you meet the criteria, please apply on-line by going to www.conradleadership.com and completing the application immediately. The initial deadline was April 28. Extended until Wednesday, May 14.
We will initiate the process immediately when we receive your on-line application. Sponsors are anxiously waiting on resumes for their review for early consideration and placement. We are looking for all majors but have special requests for students majoring in mechanical and civil engineering, accounting, criminal justice, psychology, sociology, social work and computer science. These students need higher GPAs and must be at the junior and senior level.
Please make certain that your email address and telephone number(s) on the application and your resume' are correct and of a professional nature.
If you are unable to apply for this year’s program, we would appreciate you distributing this information to other students that might be interested in the program.
- Currently enrolled in 4-year college/university as an undergraduate or graduate student, or enrolled in a medical, dental or professional graduate program
- Permanent residence in Senatorial District 23 (central and southernmost parts of
, Dallas , DeSoto, Duncanville , Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Hutchins, and Lancaster ) Mesquite
- Complete on-line application
- Provide two references
- Provide electronic copy of college transcript
- Submit 250 word essay entitled “Why is An Internship Important?”
- Provide electronic version of your resume’
- Provide community service/volunteerism reference.
- Minimum 2.25 GPA
The MANDATORY ORIENTATION is scheduled for Saturday, May 17 from to at the
DISCLAIMER: No applicant is guaranteed an internship placement. The better your interviewing skills, business attitude, resume’, professionalism, and flexibility, the better your chances for placement.