Dallas Bar Association/Press Club of Dallas host Redefining “News” in the Digital Age: Shawn Williams panelist
This Thursday May 21st, members of the news media and the legal community will convene a HAPPY HOUR and PANEL DISCUSSION about the evolving newsroom, the future of investigative reporting, citizen journalism, and legal issues related to “new media.” The event is Co-Sponsored by the Media Relations Committee of the Dallas Bar Association, and the Press Club of Dallas.
I’ve been asked to serve as a panelist for the evening and represent the citizen journalist point of view. I’d love to see members of the Dallas South Family join me for this discussion at the Belo Mansion on Thursday. You can RSVP to email@example.com . Here are my fellow panelists for Thursday.
- Tom Williams, media lawyer, Haynes & Boone LLP
- Bennett E. Cunningham, Channel 11 investigative reporter & licensed attorney
- Toby Shook, former prosecutor, Fitzpatrick Hagood Smith & Uhl LLP
- Doug Swanson, Dallas Morning News investigative/projects reporter
- Shawn P. Williams, DallasSouthBlog.com publisher/editor
Who: Dallas Bar Association and Press Club of Dallas
What: Redefining “News” in the Digital Age
Where: The Belo Mansion; 2101 Ross Avenue, Dallas – Garage Parking Available (enter from Olive Street)
When: Thursday May 21st, 2009
5:15 p.m. — Happy Hour Begins
5:45 to 6:45 p.m. — Panel Discussion