Black Beauty Supply Association Call to Action – Conference Call Scheduled for Wednesday
Just this weekend I had someone speak to me about how black folks have given away the hair care industry. My Pastor has discussed the subject from the pulpit as recently as last month. In August, I posted four YouTube videos from Aron Ranen's Black Hair DVD on the subject of Korean dominance in the Black Hair Care industry. (see videos here , here , here and here).
One of the important events captured in the Black Hair DVD was the creation of networking groups of black suppliers and distributors. The Black Beauty Supply Association is looking to take the next step in reversing the exclusionary practices that have suppressed African-American participation in the hair care supply chain.
On Wednesday October 24, the BBSA will host a conference call. The particulars are as follows:
Who: Black Beauty Supply Association
What: Conference Call
Where: Dial In (641)715-3300 access code 1064566#
When: 7:30 p.m. Eastern, 6:30 p.m. Central, 4:30 p.m. PCF
The following topics will be discussed on the call (per BBSA):
* To create chapters in each city.
* To unite with an email newsletter
* Each chapter submitting an article and photos for an every 6-8 week email newsletter. We already have 1,000 people signed up for it. This can be reprinted for those without Internet access.
* To act openly with ethics.
* Church involvement and screenings.
* Support of black owned-stores open now…
* 100 stores in 100 days campaign
In an e-mail the group states "…together we can hel make this happen in the name of Madame C.J. Walker." If you know anyone who is a black hair beauty supplier, a beautician who would be interested, or someone who has brought up this subject tell them to call in.
Let's not just talk about it, let's be about it.